Thursday, February 21, 2008

Red Cliff

This is the official trailer for perhaps THE MOST ANTICIPATED film of my age...

RED CLIFF...

by John Woo with Tony Leung, Jun Hoo, Ling Chi-Ling, and Takeshi Kaneshiro and several other great actors.

However this trailer didn't really move me; Zhao Yun, Zhang Fei, and Guan Yu all looked a little off to me, but I have yet to see their performance in theater so I can't say too much; Takeshi Kaneshiro as Zhugeliang is a great idea, but that guy...is just too handsome...I mean I can't get rid of the image of him as this handome guy, I hope, I TRULY hope he can do a good job as Zhugeliang...PLEASE!

Zhang Zhen looked great as Sun Quan, Lin Chi Ling looked quite well as Xiao Qiao, she's stunning looking and sorry to say I think that's all there is. Tony Leung looks great as ever, I think he should be playing Zhugeliang, but who cares, Zhou Yu is equally charming; I'm sure he'll pull it off. Zhao Wei as Sun ShangXiang is kinda weird, I think she's extremely difficult to play, but so does everyone else.

And Cao Cao...honestly when I saw the last scene in the trailer I was really disappointed. I don't know about this actor, but I already don't like the way he talks in the beginning and the end. In my mind Cao Cao should talk with a lower, heavier tone.

John Woo said that this film had been his "dream", that he had dreamed of making this film for more than 15 years, I loved his films and I hope this film will turn out to be the epic that I imagined it would be, though I don't quite like the trailer.

A word to the trailer making people. FUCK THE SEX SCENE, I like Lin Chi Ling but I don't need to see that shit, we've seen enough of Tony Leung in Lust. Caution. FUCK the white dove, I already know it's directed by John Woo, it's stupid to place that in the end, so fucking commercial shit. And I don't need to know that it costs 80 million USD to make, shit, The Godfather took like 500K to make and it became one of the greatest film ever produced in history.

However, given all this, I'm happy that Chinese film makers finally made some of my tiny dreams come true...a San Guo movie, there are just too much expectations from me personally and everyone else, whatever happens I will buy this movie and place it at the top my shelf for sure.

By the way I'm in Taiwan, Happy Chinese New Year folks! I'm drinking beer, and you should too! Hahhahahahahaha!!!

One more thing, where the hell are Pang Tong and Huang Gai...and maybe Jiang Gan?

No comments: